Which 'Marvel' Coach Are You?
Huy Nguyen) about coaching and he brought up the idea of coaching in terms of a Marvel movies.
We all like to think that we are Nick Fury. A master chess player with an incredible array of players at our disposal which, as long as we can point them in the right direction, will be unstoppable.
- Captain America - a natural leader who is beyond reproach
- Iron Man - genius, creative, courageous, great under pressure
- Hulk - a brute, physically dominating
- Thor - flamboyant but physically gifted
- Black Widow - a fighter, fast, smart, afraid of no one
- Hawkeye - precise, calm, aloof but reliable
With these players our leadership will shine. But more than that, these are the players we are always looking for and think that all good teams required.
Unfortunately most (all) of us are not coaching The Avengers. We are coaching The Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Star Lord - quirky and impulsive and thinks they are a better leader than they actually are
- Drax - a physical specimen who is in the team because they are big but they don't really know what they are doing
- Rocket - tiny, feisty, volatile, doesn't care if they annoy everyone else
- Groot - quiet, all arms and legs, somehow reaches balls you think they are nowhere near
- Gamora - would be a good leader but too competitive, can be dismissive of her teammates
- Nebula - Gamora's little sister who seems to spend more time arguing with her sister than actually playing
And remember, the Guardians of the Galaxy won too.